This easy and cheesy seafood recipe is perfect for a quick family dinner or a weekend lunch with friends. With just a handful of ingredients, it makes a delicious comfort food when it comes right out of the oven and bubbling with melted cheese. This is a great way to make use of angel hair pasta just make sure to cook it al dente as this tends to overcook easily. We like using La Filipina Angel Hair Pasta since it doesn’t get soggy and gives that nice firm texture. You can go budget friendly using processed cheese or go gourmet with a mixture of high end Swiss cheese and mozzarella. Either way, this recipe will make the kids ask for a second serving so make a big batch!
Angel Hair Shrimp BakePrint Recipe
- Sauce Mixture:
- 1 cup quickmelt cheese
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 400g La Filipina Angel Hair pasta, cooked as per package directions
- 20 pieces uncooked shrimps, shelled
- Salt and Pepper, to season
- 1/2 cup quickmelt, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a bowl, whisk in all the sauce mixture ingredients and set aside.
3. Using a 9x13 oven casserole, alternately layer pasta, sauce mixture, and shrimps. Make sure to season each layer with salt and pepper. On the very top layer, spread the ½ cup quickmelt cheese.
4. Cover casserole with foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. At the end of baking, take off foil and brown the cheese.
5. Serve hot.